Awarded to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to undertake a Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy in any field at The University of Queensland.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Base stipend of $38,092 per annum (2020 rate), indexed annually for 03 years with the possibility of two 6 month extensions in approved circumstances
- Tuition fees
To be eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Scholarships, applicants must be:
- an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- studying full-time and onshore in Australia
- nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ
- assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the higher degree by research program.
Additionally, applicant must not:
- hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the higher degree by research program you are undertaking
- be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the higher degree by research program
- be receiving a Commonwealth-funded tuition fee scholarship
Apply for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Scholarships when you apply for a higher degree by research.
To ensure there is enough time to review your application, we recommend applying least 2 to 3 months before the research quarter in which you hope to start.
Before submitting an application you should:
- check your eligibility
- prepare your documentation and
- contact the HDR Liaison Officer in your proposed school or institute with any questions you may have.
A domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability, which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Institute Name: The University of Queensland
Degree/Course: M.Phil and PhD
Last Date: Contact faculty