Applications are invited for Paid Asian Development Bank Internship Program (ADB Internship) from over 50 different countries.
The Asian Development Bank Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs
Stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days. Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend. Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
Asian Development Bank Internship applicants must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work
- be a national of one of ADB’s members
- possess an excellent command of English
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment
The internship application process is online through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES). School registration and nomination is no longer required.
Eligible applicants apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and applicants choose assignments of interest
- Applicants apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Asian Development Bank Internship.
Institute Name: Asian Development Bank
1st batch: 1 August to 30 September 2020 and
2nd batch: 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021