Applications are invited for Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships – DAAD Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists at the state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
Details of DAAD Scholarships
The aim of this particular programme is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Benefits under DAAD Scholarships
- Monthly payments of 2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers, 2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Other payments cannot be made.
Health insurance coverage is mandatory in Germany. If you do not have a corresponding home health insurance, you will be insured by the DAAD. The costs will be deducted from the scholarship payment.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule
- The grant is non-renewable
- University teachers and established academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country
- Applicants must work at a university or institute of higher education in their home country
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany. The applicant must be provided with a workplace
The application procedure for DAAD Scholarships occurs online through the DAAD portal. The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal for DAAD Scholarships:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
Institute Name: Higher education or non-university research institutes
Degree/Course: Short term Research Stays
Last Date: October 15th for stays that start between March and July of the following year