Applications are invited for Fully Funded Future News Worldwide 2019 Conference for Journalists, a journalism competition operated by the British Council to select delegates for the Future News Worldwide 2019 conference, taking place 16 and 17 July 2019 in Thomson Reuters, London.
The Competition is open to individuals of any nationality and only one entry per person is allowed. There are no charges (Fee) for entry to the Competition although it is the responsibility of applicants for the costs of connecting to the Internet.
Winning applicants must attend all days of the Conference and take part in all programmed activities unless by prior agreement with the British Council. Winning applicants will be invited to arrive in London a day before the conference, for tourism purposes. This is optional. No activities are planned on the arrival day, and no catering or spending money will be provided. If winning participants decide to accept this offer they are responsible to pay for their own meals and travel etc. Alternatively, delegates may request to travel to London a day later instead, to coincide with the start of the conference.
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Aged between 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- A current student enrolled in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course (of any subject) at any University or Higher Education Institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- Able to speak English at IELTS 6.5 level (proficiency of qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level) OR a native speaker of English
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- Dedicated to a Journalism career, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019
All the successful applicants will have the following benefits:
- A place at the Future News Worldwide 2019 conference, and inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network
- Return travel from the local airport to London for the dates of the Conference
- Catering on the following basis:
- 15 July – dinner
- 16 and 17 July – all meals
- 18 July–breakfast only
Successful applicants will bear any other costs, including travel to the local airport and visa centers, if applicable.