Details of Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands
The Geosciences Scholarship offers outstanding prospective non-Dutch students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the Master’s programs offered by the Graduate School Geosciences. The scholarship program is highly selective. Only applicants of the highest academic achievement and promise are eligible to receive a scholarship.
Benefits Under Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands 2020:
- Selected students will receive a scholarship for a minimum period of 12 and a maximum period of 24 months
- Selected Master’s students are awarded a scholarship up to a maximum of 5,000 Euro per year, for a maximum duration of two years. In total this amounts to 10,000 Euro
Aim of the program
The scholarship is designed to make a significant contribution towards the costs of travel and living while studying in Utrecht; however it will be necessary to find additional funding to completely finance your study and stay in Utrecht. As one of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands, students from non-EEA countries must prove to the IND (immigration and naturalization office) that they have sufficient financial means. The university advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of 10,000 to 14,000 Euros per year to cover as a minimum costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation.
Eligibility Criteria for Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands
To be eligible for Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands 2020, applicants must:
- Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study for grants and loans
- Have been admitted to a Master’s Program within the Utrecht University Graduate School Geosciences
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent thereof from a non-Dutch university with a Grade Point Average of 7,5 or higher according to the Dutch grade system. In the Netherlands grades from 1.0 up to 10.0 are used, with 1 being lowest and 10 the highest. A GPA of 7,5 is (for instance) comparable with at least an 60% in the UKand a B+ (or a 3.3) in the United States
- Belong to the top 20% of his/her final undergraduate year, as evidenced by a university statement
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa(only for students from non-EEA countries)
Application procedure for Geosciences Scholarships Netherlands
To apply for Geosciences Scholarships 2020, applicants are required to submit:
- The completed Geosciences Scholarship application form;
- Your bachelor’s thesis or equivalent thereof in English;
- A motivation letter of one page, explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you.
It is strongly advised to send the scholarship application at the same time as your application for the Master’s Program.
Please send the application form for the Geosciences Scholarship by e-mail: email@example.com and put the “Application Geosciences Scholarship” in the subject of the e-mail.