Details of Scholarship
The Hansen Scholarships 2020 Australia is a flagship scholarship program at The University of Melbourne. From 2020, The Hansen Scholarships will be awarded to talented undergraduate students whose financial circumstances present a challenge to accessing a first-class education.
Benefits of Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under Hansen Scholarships 2020 Australia:
- A standard room for 48 weeks each year, at no charge, for the standard full-time, three year undergraduate degree at Little Hall residence in Lincoln Square South
- An allowance of $4000 per year for general living expenses for the standard full-time duration of the undergraduate degree
- Full fee remission for holders of an Australian Humanitarian visa
a one-time grant of up to $4000 to support an approved activity for the Scholar’s development such as an international exchange, an international subject, an internship or similar role
- Access to a mentoring program, pastoral care, and development programs available to all students at Little Hall as well as a tailored program of mentoring and support exclusively for Hansen Scholars
- Priority access to graduate accommodation at Little Hall should the Hansen Scholar wish to pursue graduate studies at Melbourne after completing their undergraduate degree
- Next steps funding after completion of the scholar’s undergraduate degree (competitive process to apply for up to $10,000 for a short-term activity or up to $20,000 for further study)
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for Hansen Scholarships 2020 Australia, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia
- Have applied for or be the holder of an Australian temporary protection visa, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia
- Be an Australian citizen and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia
- Be aged between 16 and 20 years of age in the year of application
achieve the minimum required Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 90 (or the IB equivalent)
- Experience financial circumstances that present a challenge to attending The University of Melbourne. (e.g. you or your family receive Centrelink benefits)
Conditions to Apply for Hansen Scholarships 2020 Australia
- You must have received an offer from The University of Melbourne for the commencement of your undergraduate course in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or IB
- You must have achieved a minimum ATAR of 90.00
- You must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program) before commencing at The University of Melbourne
- The scholarship can be deferred to the following year if there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent the student from commencing their course in the year for which the scholarship was offered.
Application procedure to apply Hansen Scholarships 2020 Australia
- Completed application forms are due by 9 March 2020. When an application form is submitted, the nominated Year 12 Coordinator will receive an email containing questions to complete their referee report, due on 23 March 2020. All applicants will be notified of results by May 2020.
- Applicants invited to the next stage will be invited to a video interview. All videos interviews have to be submitted by 24 May 2020.
- Finalists will be invited to Melbourne in July 2020 for the interview weekend with the selection panel. Application results will be announced in August 2020. Final offers will be dependent on achieving a 90+ Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) score and acceptance into the course of choice at The University of Melbourne