Applications are invited for Fully Funded Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarships 2020 Canada in the University of Alberta, Canada.
The $400 million Killam Trusts are among Canada’s largest and most prestigious endowments for scholarly activities. The Killam Bequest has provided more than $60 million to the University of Alberta between the three programs that the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) administers.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
The award is valued at up to $45,000 a year for 2 years (subject to renewal in year two of the award), plus any applicable International Graduate Differential Fee. Recipients will also receive a certificate acknowledging their award.
To be eligible for Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarships 2020 Canada, applicants must:
- Offered to outstanding students registered in, or admissible to, a doctoral program
- No restrictions on citizenship. All fields are eligible for funding
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before start of tenure; tenure may begin on May 1st or September 1st.
- As the Killam Scholarship is offered for a two-year period (subject to review after the first year), applicants should anticipate being registered in doctoral program for at least 18 months (as of May 2020) and should have completed no more than 48 months in the doctoral program as of December 31, 2019 to apply
Additional information regarding eligibility criteria can be found in the Applicant Instructions document. Please note that the GPA for current graduate students is calculated using the current graduate program graded course work. For newly admitted graduate students or current graduate students who have no graded course work to date, the admission gpa will be used.
This is the most prestigious graduate award administered by the University of Alberta. Every effort is made to honor the criteria set out in the will of Dorothy Killam. It was Mrs. Killam’s desire that those awarded Scholarships and Fellowships be likely to contribute to the advancement of learning or to win distinction in their profession. Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarships 2020 Canada should not be one-sided and their intellect should be complemented by a sound character.
Applicants must complete the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship application form and ensure that this form and all other supporting documents are submitted to the department by departmental deadline to be considered for both the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship and the Dorothy J Killam Memorial Graduate Prize.
For Applicants: Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Applicant Instructions
A complete Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Application includes:
must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referees. A confidential letter of reference may accompany the standard letter of reference form, but may not replace such.
3. Post-Secondary Official Transcripts
- All post-secondary transcripts are required and must be complete and up-to-date ie show all coursework and grades, and conferral of any degrees
- All transcripts, other than University of Alberta transcripts, must be official
Note: Once application has been submitted to FGSR by the department, no revisions will be permitted.
Each department sets its own internal deadline for receipt of applications. Applicants are encouraged to apply early and order required transcripts as soon as possible. Applicants must contact their department for departmental deadline.