Details for LExS 2020 Netherlands
For excellent non-EEA / non-EFTA students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree program; and for excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies program or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies in Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Netherlands
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
The LExS 2020 is awarded for the duration of the study program. There are three available levels of Awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships or LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
To be eligible for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Study program requirements
Applicants for all Master’s program at Leiden University Netherlands – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) programs.
- For non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s program at Leiden University.
- For students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies program, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Academic requirements for LExS 2020
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study program(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s program for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study program. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness
Application for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS 2020)
To apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) 2020, applicants are required to:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable
- In the scholarships section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each