Applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD Scholarship Position Machine Learning for Complex Fluid Mechanics and Convective Heat Transfer at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands.
PhD Scholarship Position in Machine Learning student will investigate, during four years, the applicability of machine learning for complex fluid mechanics and convective heat transfer.
This project is the result of a collaboration between the departments of Process & Energy and Maritime and Transport Technology.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Gross monthly salary from € 2395 in the first year to € 3061 in the fourth year
- A 04 year contract, with an official go/no go progress assessment after one year
- An inspiring research environment with an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor
- A customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution
Applicants for PhD Scholarship Position in Machine Learning should preferably have the following qualifications:
- MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or a closely related field.
- Strong affinity with fluid mechanics and/or convective heat transfer
- Background in computational fluid mechanics, finite element analysis or similar numerical techniques.
- Background in machine learning, AI, artificial neural networks or similar
- Strong programming skills
- Good communication skills and ability to be a team player in a multidisciplinary setting
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to set up, organize and execute his/her own research and meet targets
- Good comprehension of the English language
To apply for PhD Scholarship Position in Machine Learning, applicants are required to submit:
- a letter of interest (including motivation relevant to the research topic)
- a detailed curriculum vitae (including study curriculum rankings if available, relevant research experience and publications)
- your official transcripts (in English)
- o2 reference letters including full contact information of the references
Send this to application-3mE@tudelft.nl. All these items should be combined in one PDF document.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number TUD00355.
Institute Name: Delft University of Technology
Last Date: September 15, 2020