Applications are invited for Fully Funded 10 PhD Scholarships in Heart and Lung Research at the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research IMPRS-HLR, Germany.
Details of Scholarships
The International Max Planck Research School for Heart and Lung Research (IMPRS-HLR) offers up to ten positions to talented and enthusiastic students holding a relevant Master‘s degree. Being the leading educational platform of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research (Bad Nauheim, Germany), the PhD program brings together experts from all over the world. Thus, the intense cooperation with both affiliated universities, Goethe University in Frankfurt and the Justus Liebig University in Giessen, provides a vivid scientific environment throughout your PhD.
We are now inviting outstanding students to APPLY as PhD applicants in PhD Scholarships in Heart and Lung Research Germany.
You will participate in a three-year professional graduate school program including lectures, dedicated seminars, methods courses and retreats, and you will benefit from the scientific offerings of the Max Planck Institute and the affiliated universities. The international and multi-disciplinary approach of the program promotes cross-frontier thinking and scientific networking and provides an optimal environment for young and talented scientists to start an academic career in the field of life sciences.
Successful applicants can choose a research project in the field of heart, vessel and lung biology covering cutting-edge science in
• Cardiac Development and Remodeling
• Stem Cells and Tissue Regeneration
• Vascular Biology
• Developmental Genetics
• Lung Development and Remodeling
• Tumor Biology and Metastasis
• Angiogenesis and Metabolism
• Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Benefits of Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under PhD Scholarships in Heart and Lung Research Germany Program:
- An international and structured PhD program taught in English
- Friendly and multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent career opportunities
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research projects
- Feedback, guidance and mentorship by an individual Thesis Advisory Committee
- Fully funded position
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for scholarship positions, applicants must have:
- MSc with a strong background in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Medicine, Pharmacy or a related discipline
Application Procedure for Scholarship
To apply for 10 PhD Scholarship positions in Heart and Lung Research, applicants are required to submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reports, certificates, Transcripts
- Letter of Motivation
- List of Publication
- Two recommendation letters