The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute (VAXINFECTIO) and the Global Health Institute of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at University of Antwerp (UAntwerp) is looking for a full-time (100%) PhD in Biostatistics for the EBOVAC3 project.
VAXINFECTIO is aimed at integrated vaccine and microbiological research with a focus on increasing the understanding of the immune response in prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines and on the containment of antibiotic resistance (www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/vaxinfectio).
The Global Health Institute focusses on health issues transcending national boundaries and are thus beyond the capacity of individual countries to address through domestic institutions. Their research activities cover diverse domains such as reproductive health, management of chronic diseases, (neglected) infectious diseases and vaccine preventable diseases (www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/global-health-institute).
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits under PhD Scholarships Position in Biostatistics:
- A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.232,27 – € 2.596,27
- An intellectually stimulating and international interdisciplinary research environment and collaborative network, with room for personal initiative.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation
- Probable Starting date: as soon as possible
To be eligible for PhD Scholarships Position in Biostatistics, applicants must have:
- Minimum master’s degree in (Bio)Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of programming language C/C++ and statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, R)
- Knowledge about and experience with industry standards related to Data Management, i.e. CDISC, ADAM, is a plus
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge and skills in a highly organized fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and good analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in scientific work, flexible and strong sense of initiative and responsibility
- Good writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in English language (both written and spoken), knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and to be able to set and meet timelines
You will be supervised by Prof. Dr. Niel Hens and report to Prof. Dr. Niel Hens and the EBOVAC project coordinator, who has a direct functional link with the Principal Investigators of this clinical trial at UAntwerp.
Successful applicant is required to:
- Provide guidance to develop and export databases for statistical analysis
- Review protocols and plans for completeness, and critically appraise the soundness of statistical analyses
- Analyze data with the appropriate statistical techniques, interpret results and clearly formulate and communicate research findings
- Programming of the statistical techniques in C/C++ or other statistical software
- Use of good statistical practices and software to ensure data integrity and reproducibility
- Provide training on statistics to study teams (in Belgium and international settings including remote areas in Africa)
- Optional: teaching activities in statistics
Application Procedure for PhD Scholarships Position in Biostatistics:
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 31 May 2020. The application form must be completed, including a motivation letter.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next step(s) in the selection procedure.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com
- If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Niel Hens, firstname.lastname@example.org