Applications are invited for Fully Funded Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens in New Zealand.
Short Term Training Scholarships New Zealand fund skills training and work experience for professionals from eligible Pacific countries and Timor-Leste for between a minimum of one week and up to 12 months.
Successful applicants can come to New Zealand to:
- gain experience at a workplace, which may be a private or public sector entity or another organisation, or
- attend a training course with a New Zealand-certified training provider.
Successful scholars will receive the following benefits under Short Term Training Scholarships New Zealand:
- full tuition fees
- training-related costs
- return air travel
- an one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- a weekly allowance to cover basic living costs
- medical insurance for the duration of the scholarship
- travel insurance
- approved visa expenses
Citizen of one of the following countries or territories are eligible for New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarship:
- Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna
To apply for a New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarship, applicant must meet all eligibility criteria on this list:
- a citizen of one of the eligible countries or territories
- have lived in the country of citizenship for the last two years or more
- be at least 18 years old at the time I start the scholarship
- not currently serving in the military
- Within the last five years I have not had a New Zealand Scholarship terminated
- have at least one year of full-time or two years of part-time work experience (paid, unpaid or voluntary) that relates to my career and/or my proposed training programme
Applicants are required to submit these supporting documents with application for this Fully Funded Scholarships:
- a certified copy of the personal pages of passport (or an alternative form of photo identification if you do not hold a passport)
- a current curriculum vitae (in English)
- a current job description stating your position title and outlining your responsibilities and duties, if you are employed (in English)
- Certified copes of your academic transcripts and completion certificates (in English) for all qualifications you have completed or are completing (where applicable), including the grade assessment schedule used at each institution
Contact your local New Zealand Embassy or High Commission at any time for the scholarship application dates and to get the application form. Embassy and High Commission staff can help you to complete the application form.
Institute Name: New Zealand Government, Institute of Technology, Polytechnic
Degree/Course: Short term training
Country: New Zealand
Last Date: Contact your local New Zealand Embassy or High Commission