The purpose of UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarships is to support students undertaking a sequence of study in Western Civilisation either through the Bachelor of Advanced Humanities (Honours) program or the dual Bachelor of Humanities/Bachelor of Laws (Honours) program.
The scholarships are intended for academic high-achievers who desire to make a difference in the world. They are for students who are creative and intellectually curious with the critical skills to challenge the status quo and cross boundaries, and who value discussion, debate, and the opportunity to learn from others.
We are looking for students whose endeavours are driven by compassion, a desire to better the lives of all members of the community, and a strong code of ethics.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- $30,000 per year for up to 5.5 years
To be eligible for UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship, an applicant must:
- submits an application to the University by the closing date for applications
- is an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident at the time of application
- will complete year 12 in the year of application; or
- completed year 12 in the year preceding the year of application
- intends to enrol full-time in an Approved Program of Study in the year of award
- expects to gain admission to an Approved Program of Study in the year of the award on the basis of predicted senior results and any applicable adjustment factors or on the basis of special entry pathways
- has not undertaken any previous tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher, other than studies in special university programs designed for secondary school students
- will be available to participate in an interview with the selection committee on a date set by the University
To apply for UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship University of Queensland, Australia, applicant must submit:
- a one to two page CV (including academic achievements)
- two references
- a statement addressing the selection criteria within the application form – you must respond to three questions based on academic ability, community service and compatibility with the program of study (up to 1500 characters per question)
- a statement addressing any disadvantage (if applicable), and
- appropriate supporting evidence
Institute Name: The University of Queensland
Degree/Course: Undergraduate Degree
Last Date: August 10, 2020