Applications are invited for Fully Funded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2021 (Apply before September 02, 2020) to study at Australia’s leading universities.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in Australia.
The scholarship supports individuals who are undertaking a postgraduate study that will ultimately make a difference to Australia in one of three areas; technology and innovation, fostering Australian-Asian ties, and enabling positive social change. As well as your studies, the scholarship provides a nine-month Leadership Development Program which will build on your personal strengths and give you the insights, learning, and inspiration you need to make your mark on the world.
Benefits and number of scholarships
Up to 17 scholarships valued at up to $120,000 over, typically, 2-3 years, will be awarded in 2020 for research or coursework studies at postgraduate level.
Scholarship recipients must undertake their postgraduate studies ( Fully Funded Masters and PhD) at one of the following eight universities, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Tasmania
Field of Study under Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2021 Australia Program:
Applicants proposed program of study can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust’s focus areas.
Scholarship recipients will be exceptional people, chosen for their ability to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
To be eligible for Fully Funded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2021 Australia, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible)
- have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2015, OR will complete by 31 December 2020
- have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM)
- have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities.
- have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
- commence study in 2021 (Jan – Dec 2021), not before
Institute Name: Australia’s leading universities
Degree/Course: Masters and PhD
Last Date: September 02, 2020